Friday, January 1, 2010

Project Life



This year I am embarking on a new and exciting project (Thanks, Sarah :) ) called Project Life. It is a scrapbook project where you take 1 picture a day for the entire year. The name of my album is called "Laura's Life in 2010". I am focusing this particular scrapbook on me (for a change!). This will be the start of my 13th scrapbook (lucky 13!!!). My first picture of the year is the top one because I have spent the day organizing all of my finished layouts into albums and trying to decide where I am in each album. The bottom picture is one of the reasons that I love scrapbooking. I started scrapbooking in 2001. When I started, I was already 2 years behind on Trevor's album and 6 months behind on Abby's album. Despite this fact, I LOVE the process of scrapbooking, organizing my photos, and sharing the photos and the hard work with my loved ones. In December, when I was home in Joliet one weekend, my mom handed me a bag of photos of me, my husband, and my kids. This bag started in 1972 and goes through today!! If I wasn't overwhelmed before, I am definitely overwhelmed now!! However, this bag has been a gift -- although it will be more of a gift when I am done! There are pictures of me with my grandparents (who have been gone since 1978), my uncle (who passed away in 1993), and my family. While my parents, especially my dad, took tons of pictures, they have not gotten into scrapbooking and preserving pictures. Therefore, another goal this year, in addition to Project Life, is to sort through these pictures and make some type of scrapbook so I can share my childhood with my kids! Abby has already had a blast -- and a laugh -- looking through the pictures!!
Maybe by starting this project, I will be better about blogging this year. Don't hold your breath -- but you never know what 2010 will bring! Happy New Year :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome photo! Looks like project life is off to a fabulous start!

Rebecca said...

You are an inspiration to us all! Keep it up:)