Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rebecca's Birthday Lunch











On Saturday, we decided to meet at the Grand Lux Cafe for lunch to celbrate Bec's birthday with no husbands and no kids (a flashback to the Door County trips!). It was wonderful!! We all started out with drinks (I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture of them!), the opening of the Project Life kit, a great meal, and 2 FABULOUS desserts. There was wonderful conversation throughout the meal. I think that we have decided to celebrate our birthdays with lunch from now on!!
Bec and I then ventured to Sugar Bliss (the newest cupcake store for us!) to buy cupcakes and frosting shots!! I love the vanilla buttercream frosting!! We rode the bus, walked to the Loop, picked up pictures, and shopped in Neimann Marcus. We then parted and I drove to Evanston, found a Barnes and Noble, put together my Project Life kit, walked around, ate dinner, and then drove to O'Hare to pick up my mother-in-law. It was a super day and I have to do it more often :)




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We definitely have to do it more often! I had a blast!

Sarah said...

I love the idea of making lunch for our birthdays a tradition! What a fun way to spend the afternoon!

Jane said...

I talked to Laura prior to seeing the post so I knew you all had a great time but I love seeing pictures, esp. the one of the 3 of you. I'm glad you all had fun. Good job posting Laura. xoxo