Friday, August 31, 2012

1st Junior High Meltdown!!

It was bound to happen.  I just didn't realize that it would happen so soon!!  On Monday, 8/27, Abby told me that she had 3 math problems that she needed help with when we got home from Trevor's game.  When we got home, she opened her binder and realized that she forgot her math homework at school.  The tears began!!  In fact, she soon became hysterical.  I remained perfectly calm (I deal with this type of problem all day in school!!) and suggested several ideas to her -- none of them sounded good to Abby.  Jim offered to drive her into town to her friend's house so that she could write down the problems and work them out with me at home.  Disaster averted!!  Jim to the rescue!!  One of the best moments for me during the event was when Trevor looked at me and said, "Is she seriously crying over homework?!?!"  Yes, Trevor, she is.  In fact, she may cry over many things in the years to come.  Also, I know this is shocking to you, but some people do get very emotional over their homework!!

Good times!!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

6The joys of being a parent!! xoxo

Rebecca said...

The the good times begin!