I think I am going to turn into a word blogger and not a picture blogger!! If I could learn how to start doing more stuff in my car AS I am driving....then maybe more would get done!!
Anyway, hello Spring. The weather has been pretty darn beautiful and we are enjoying it. I trimmed the yard (after my kids mowed it!!) for 2 hours on Saturday. I used some muscles I haven't used in a while but I will adjust. Trevor is enjoying burning old firewood and digging in his hole. Someday, I am convinced, he will reach China or discover a new resource that this world can use!! The kids and Jim spend a lot of time playing baseball/softball in the yard. The new pitching machine arrives tomorrow and then I can get in on the action too!! My arm is nowhere as strong as Jim's so the pitching machine will help me....I can definitely load balls!!
On Tuesday, Abby has her first softball game since her accident. She is pretty darn excited. We are excited and nervous too!!She has been back to full practice since mid-March but she hasn't slid into base yet. She is nervous and I am REALLY nervous. On Saturday at practice, her coach said, "Hey. Let's give it a try." With those words, Abby DOVE into first base, head first!! She said it was awesome!! She is going to have to practice that a little more (since she was a little short on reaching the base with her hand) but I am sure she will get the hang of it. She never ceases to amaze me.
Trevor has started his baseball season too. He practices about 3 days a week and his first game is on Saturday, April 28th. One day when I picked him up after practicing for about 2 - 2.5 hours, he said to me, "Mom, can we just be quiet and not talk." I have NEVER heard him not talk!! I guess some things can truly wear him out!!
Well, I will continue to try new things and learn how to post pictures from my car!! If not, tune in for more ramblings by Laura!!
3 comments:
Nothing wrong with word blogging! You'll be happy to have it written down somewhere.
Pics are awesome but words are great too!! Sounds like a busy time in your life. Love to all. XOXO
Love the update even if there aren't any pictures!
Post a Comment