My favorite "Bec" moments....
- She always changed her mind about which candy bar she wanted in the checkout lane -- she always wanted the same kind as me -- even if she didn't like it!
- The 1st time we went camping, we had to walk to the pay phone every night to call mom -- even though the rest of her family was with her!!
- She used to love rubbing my feet!
- Her hair always looks great.
- Her nails were constantly "wet" from being painted .... especially when it was time to carry in the groceries.
- In the summer, her hair looked like Billy Idol's because it was so blond.
- She has always had "angel kisses."
- She was a fish in the water -- constantly swimming under the water and never wanting to come out.
- She loved to drink hot Tang as a kid.
- She would go to McDonald's and only eat fries.
- "Oh my gosh!! Look at that big dent in the limo!!"
- She has known Jim since she was 14!! WOW!!
- She got blamed for rubbing chocolate into Dad's backseat of his new car -- until Dad realized that Jim actually did it and then it was all okay.
- She will do something when you least expect it and it will shock you -- like singing in front of a group of people in Florida!!
- Not everyone can have 2 apartments for the price of 1!!
- She would get out of bed to turn on the hot water in her shower, jump back in bed, and wait for the water to warm up.
- She will go on endless journeys with me to find the perfect cupcake -- we will find it eventually!
- We enjoyed sipping wine in Napa Valley.
- She never missed out on Girls' Weekend in Door County -- even when she lived in California.
- She is an amazing mom with endless patience.
- She is a wonderful sister and I treasure the time I spend with her!!
Happy Birthday Bec :)
5 comments:
Laura, this is the BEST birthday gift! I love you too.
I just read it again....and I may start crying!
I just saw this and it brought tears to my eyes. It was a great walk down memory lane. Thank you Laura. xoxo
Laura is like Aunt Kitty---she remembers everything! I would like to add that Bec was a great "Puffy Sister!" I can't stop laughing as I read and reread this post!
I couldnt stop laughing either... and what about Becs invisible friend Noover? She's also one of the few vegetarians I know who loves bacon. And finally how she was always pretty good at getting her way with two older sisters who are no pushovers themselves.
Post a Comment